The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Homefill II won't fill tank

Default Homefill II won't fill tank

Hey everyone. I've been using a combination of Invacare Perfecto 2 and Homefill II to refill my K tank. The system has been working great but recently the homefill is not filling up my tank. I took off my whip and there is no air coming out. I already tapped on all the check valves and replaced the piston seals. I'm not sure what else could be wrong.

The main wheel is turning and it's getting oxy from the Perfecto 2, it's just not filling.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get this thing up and running? These machines are so frustrating!

Thanks~!
    Sim

Default Re: Homefill II won't fill tank

Just wanted to post a quick update in case it's helpful for anyone. Today I sprayed all the connectors in the Homefill to see if there were any leaks. Of course there were none because that would make everything too easy. What I did next was take off the brass connectors from the check valves to see if any air was going in the chambers. Lo and behold all my chambers were getting air up until chamber number 5, right before it goes into the whip.

For the time being, I'm bypassing chamber 5 and my tank is starting to fill. Do I need a new check valve, that brass part where air comes in and out of? I would love to get all the chambers working so if anyone has any advice please let me know.

Thanks!
    Sim

Default Re: Homefill II won't fill tank

Quote Originally Posted by Emuna View Post
    Just wanted to post a quick update in case it's helpful for anyone. Today I sprayed all the connectors in the Homefill to see if there were any leaks. Of course there were none because that would make everything too easy. What I did next was take off the brass connectors from the check valves to see if any air was going in the chambers. Lo and behold all my chambers were getting air up until chamber number 5, right before it goes into the whip.

For the time being, I'm bypassing chamber 5 and my tank is starting to fill. Do I need a new check valve, that brass part where air comes in and out of? I would love to get all the chambers working so if anyone has any advice please let me know.

Thanks!
    Sim
    the fill time should be the same, i've bypassed down to only 3 stages. take the head apart, take pics, post etc...tell us what u do to fix it. i'm not real sure there is anything in the brass square heads...its been years since i tore one open, but i seem to remember the square heads as only having a one-way valve or a check-valve and its low pressure, u can blow through it if i remember correctly.

my guess is that the 5th seal isn't expanding properly, its definitely the weakest link.

regardless of what a few people say, homefills are gold. they will work forever.

parts that wearout are easily replaced. the whole shibang is essentially a fan motor, belt, crank, pushrods, heads, seals and bearings, cooling fan.
    don't wash your hands with your sammich.
    naive
    *of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

your linework is naive maybe try some fuming?
    GTT Phantom on Homefill
    first time on torch 07'