Hi All,

A scientific glassblower in New Zealand who's looking to sell his shop/retire has asked me to share this around with American glassblowers. I haven't seen anything in person and can't vouch for any of the following, but I'm more than happy to put you in touch with him for further discussion. As I understand it, he'd ideally like to sell as a going concern (you'd need to have a work visa, residency, or citizenship), which I told him wasn't super likely given the realities of NZ immigration. If he can't sell as a going concern, he's willing to sell off his customers and equipment. I figured it was likely a stretch, but told him I'd go ahead and post it up for him to see what comes back. Anyway...

Here's what he has to say:

1 My first preference would be to sell the business as a going concern. I have run the business for over 40 years & have a strong loyal customer base.

2 Second option would be to sell my customer base complete with all files etc.

3 Plant & Stock

The lathe as seen in attachment is a vertical horizontal. It is quite old & only has approx. 5-6mm play. A link on the chain for the counter weight is broken & one bracket on the tool bar is broken but I do have the parts & it can be repaired.

The Diamond saw has a 30mm blade & was manufactured in Germany. It originally had a water bath for recycling but I converted to a direct feed. I also changed it from 3 phase power to single phase.

My oven was hand made for me & has run with no problem for over 40 years. Several years ago I had a program controller added & it's very inexpensive to run.

The potters wheel is just used for grinding things flat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0448.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	94307

Name:	IMG_0449.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	94308

Name:	IMG_0450.jpg