The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Plastic storage racks for glass rods

Default Plastic storage racks for glass rods

Hi everyone,

After a two year search I have found a supplier of the plastic storage units I had made for me 2 years ago. These storage units are made out of plastic that is 1/8" in thickness, have 6 rectangular holes (each hole is 1" tall and 2" wide) for each colored rod and come 6 holes wide and 6 holes tall. The storage units are 18" deep with a plastic back so the rods will not go out the back end.

I am attaching a picture of my racks so you can see what I am talking about. Below is the contact information where you too can get some for yourself! The price is $75 each. I can tell you that I have priced the actual 1/8" plastic sheets and the best price I could find was $45! Considering the labor costs, these are a GREAT deal!

"The cabinets (glass storasge units) measure 13" wide by 7" high by 18" deep and have pockets (rectangulsr holes) 1" high by 2" wide made from strong 1/8 thick acrylic all seams are glued for maximum strength the bottom, sides, and top are all one pieceof 1/8" acrylic. The back is glued for even more strength." If would like to place an order please pay by papal or check to:
    gstein@bc-plastic.com
    Or
    B&C plastic.inc
    4224 south 91 street
    Greenfield, Wi 53228
    414-708-3422
    Fax 414-329-0171
    gstein@bc-plastic.com
    www.bc-plastic.com

I am SO happy that I can give back to my fellow marble makers. I hope I have not offended anyone with this post but I thought you'd like to have a chance to order some for your glass - maybe...lol BIG HUGS!!!!!

Rich

ps. I am not affiliated in any way with the company. I hope you take advantage of this opportunity as I did 2 years ago. The old company was bought up by a BIG company and doesn't do custom work anymore.
    Last edited by richsantaclaus; 05-07-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Default Re: Plastic storage racks for glass rods

right on! those look perfect..

Oops, I forgot to tell you that the $75 INCLUDES SHIPPING!!!! What a great opprotunity here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I want to tell you, my glass situation is SO MUCH better. I keep the rods in order that matches the order form numbers so it is SO EASY to reorder glass when I get low. Before, it was a guessing game...lol.

I can't over emphasize how reasonable the price for what you get is. I had contacted at least 5 other places and the CHEAPEST rack was $100 and it was not as well constructed as these racks are. The $75 includes shipping! I just about dropped my phone when he quoted me the retail price and had to take a breath when he said that it included shipping!

those look great, and sounds like a great deal too. I might have to pick up a half dozen one of these days.

This company DOES make a 12" x 12" x 12" storage unit. They also has a V shaped divider available that would make any of the 2" square sections into 3 sections! Please call them if you'd like this type!!!!

Rich

how much is the 12X12 unit and do they make that one 18" deep as well?? - how much are the dividers for the bigger unit?? thanks looks cheeper than the rack i was looking at

http://www.materialflow.com/Cascade_...s.htm#2001-098

^^ that one is nice also -- thanks for the hook up color is the hardest to store --

The 18" deep is $75 I think and this includes shipping. I have heard that the 12" deep rack is $90 and is taller. best to contact the company and see for sure.

Rich

I am going to get 6 of the 18" deep units and when they get here, I'll shoot a pix for you all to see. I am SO excited - MORE room for MORE glass (like I NEED more!...lol)

Rich

Racks arrived today. COE 96 on the left, Boro, then Moretti in the new units. The big pix shows all my glass I have. Nicely sorted - finally!!!!!
    Last edited by richsantaclaus; 05-07-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Just a dumb question...
    I won't be purchasing any, but it popped into my head...

Could you turn them on their sides so that the holes were long instead of wide?

Oh and they look really sturdy, but I'd be SOOO worried about it deteriorating (the plastic) and cracking with all my glass in it.

Has this ever occurred?

eBay - Some Stuff - NOW for your buying pleasure!
    My Website - SJS Glasswork & Creations

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can,
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Curious, what are the exact dimensions of the units.

Im only just now setting up my studio in my detached garage. Longer term its dusty. Not bad but any glass left for weeks out will get covered. I may make a 'early american chipboard' closet for my glass.

But it might be better to get those things and place them inside.

Key for the closet is a door that closes and keeps dust off.

As is, I just bought a welding blanket to place over the loose glass torch area when not in use, rated to 1500 degrees.

But some of those storage units might do well inside of my chipboard elcheapo closet.