The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Website

Icon4 Website

Please check out my website and let me know what you guys think! Keep in mind it is still a work in progress and is far from finished. All comments, criticism, and suggestions are appreciated!

www.satoriglass.com

Thanks!

Default Re: Website

Adin, I spell: Category

I make the links that go from my site open in a new window. So when the viewer closes the newly opened window, they still see my site, see? Cunning, eh. Or is there another more logical reason for opening the new window in the same window as your site?

Looks okay in FireFox except one of the pendants pages but I guess you are working on that right now.

HTH

It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

It's generally considered bad practice to force the user's window to open without their choosing. I know it bugs me when that happens. Let your user choose what will open where and you'll have a happier customer.
    Use as directed

I didn't realise that, thanks.

Personally I don't mind it because then I can refer back to the page I originally came from. and I open another tab in FireFox with ctrl T, leaving the original page open, but that's what I'm used to eh.
    Really.

True. I suppose it all boils down to personal preference. I middle click everything and anything (default to open in a new tab in FF), so I've usually got a couple dozen windows open at any given moment. I know there are people who don't multitask as, ah, agressively as I do, though.
    Use as directed

what middle click???!

hey gimme a break Primo, multi-what? I only just learned to wash up and listen to what she's telling me for the next job, and that's after 23 years!
    Really.

Swampy - Thanks for the spell check I'm usually pretty good at catching those myself, but that one slipped by me. I get the feeling I never would have caught it for whatever reason. Also, I do plan on making some links open in other windows. I agree that it's a good idea for things like offsite links and pictures.

Not sure what was wrong with the pendant page...they all look ok to me. Was there something specifically wrong with it or was it just not coming up?

Primathon - I can see how it could annoy some people, yet I enjoy when certain links open in a new window. I suppose like you said it just boils down to personal preference.

Oh and MIDDLE CLICK!!!?? I had no idea! I usually open all kinds of things in new tabs myself...but I had NO IDEA you could use middle click to do it! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have cut down on an incalculable amount of future time spent right clicking and selecting "new tab" for me!

Thanks to you both for the responses.

Anyone else have any feedback for me?

You're welcome. I was downloading some toons at the time, maybe that's why one of the gallery pages didn't show correctly? Just checked again and they all load okay, looking good.
    Really.

Congrats on getting your site together! It looks great!

The only thing I had trouble with was reading the type. It is very light and very small. I think maybe a darker/larger font would be better.

~peace~
    Melanie

looks good man! now just get more work up there!
    Erik
    Vapor Glass
    http://vaporglass.com

Thanks Melanie and Erik! I appreciate you guys taking a look! Once I get my links page up and running, I'll be sure and link to your sites.

Anyone else have any feedback for me?? I need all I can get!

Thanks!

i dont' know anything but the code looks clean. (as does the page) loads fast for me on a 28.8 connection. when i first clicked on teardrops and turtles.. under gallery>pendants it said conection refused by server.. but it could have verywell been my slow connection i dont' know. works now.

nice job making your logo a header.. better search engine optimzation going on there. only thing that sucks about doing it that way is you are limited to the most common fonts people have.

my oxy won't be here till thursday so ive been doing some designing myself but im starting to think it would be better to leave to someone else as its not my strongest element anymore.
    peace
    -aaron