The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a picture of your setup!

Default Re: Post a picture of your setup!

im jealous
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glass is a love affair !!!

Does the noise in my brain bother you ?

finally with some pictures, eh?

here's the latest shop... kinda the 3rd for me (1 and 2 were in the same place)

z--seth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EPSN0032.jpg   EPSN0033.jpg  

man them fans look evil!!! i've gone through a few fans in my day. last one got a heady that cracked thrown into it. was a bad idea.

http://www.glasspipes.org/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=18945

there's mine

i saw the fans at home depot for half off.. i couldn't pass them up. 3300 cfm (each) on low, 6600 cfm on high. the 6600 is a bit too windy.. but on a really hot day.. they help.

wish i had some more space!

z---seth

well this is a collection of pics of my 3 shops ive worked in, the first was in camper in the forest, the 2nd was in my parents warehouse, i really liked but i hated being under moms roof, and the last 2 pics are of my current setup in my shop. deffinitly an improvement from the first one. hope you enjoy! i need a bigger kiln!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1383.jpg   IMG_1864.jpg   Picture 037.jpg   Picture 038.jpg  

wow some cool set ups!!!!
    ive been working on my new spot (in the garage) all day just the vent and lights to go

Why the mirrors, is it so's you can see if anyone is gonna creep up behind you?

and I have a marble just the same as yours in the third picture, complete with burned varnish handle heh heh -the graphite poker was just out of reach.
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

The mirror is nice for seeing the end of something you are blowing in rather than using 'the force' to tell how thin your bubble is at the end.

my mirror basically IS to see if anyone's behind me. in my first shop, i had ear plugs in, and earmuff style headphones on with the tunes going. halfway through a piece i reached over to grab a reamer, and right behind me are 5 fricking people, looking through my shit.
    i had no idea they were there, and it scared the crap outta me.
    i blowhose, so i don't need a mirror to see anything else.

z---seth
    Last edited by Firekist; 03-14-2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: i type good engrish

...how loud is that liquid tank when it vents inside yer shop?

phab, liquid tanks don't all vent the same, and it's easy to not have them vent at all.
    some tanks do a slow leak, that's not much louder than a CC. but when they do the BIG vent.. it's loud. very loud. very scary and loud! mine are 15 feet behind me, and i've only had it vent once while i was in the shop.

i have to say.. the neighbors think it's a lot quieter when it's venting in the shop instead of outside somewhere =)

(yeah.. phab, you wern't talking to me.. i didn't post the pic of my tanks.. heh.. oh well.. i'm padding my post count!)

z--seth

...thats cool seth, its always good to hear from you.
    yeah i was thinking about a liquid tank in my basement but lol i dont know what to expect. id probably end up with a loud one.
    ive heard the more theyre used the better as far as the venting goes but sometimes a day or 2 or 3 go by when i dont work.

often 3 days go by without venting for me. i think 5 is about tops, and that's with one of the better tanks.
    find out from your o2 supplier if they will stock you with the 500psi vent laser tanks (they say laser on the side of the tank).
    those tanks are almost always super high quality, and you can usually set the built in tank pressure regulator to 100psi or so.. that way the tank isn't trying to build pressure once the tank is at 100psi.. it'll build pressure naturally, but it won't be doing it on purpose.

i don't know how you'd get a 700lb tank into your basement though.. maybe you have that covered.

you can build a muffler for the tank (wrap the vent nozzle with towels and a can), or you could just pipe the vent nozzle outside.. or outside and then through a muffler.
    since the tank would be inside for you.. i'd suggest running the vent hose outside.. you don't want an o2 buildup in your pad!

love the avatar btw.. i wish it were animated =)

z---seth

...thanks for the info, ill see if my guy has a laser tank.
    the avatar would have been animated but shes a shy little thing.

hey hey i use the mirrors alot, popping holes, and even when blowing out the bowl section on a spoon i watch it in the mirror rather than from behind, just how ive always done it. and i have an open studio to the public so they really liek to be able to see the multiple angles. and i like to look at myself:P haha kidding.

the liquid tanks never been a problem i work every day so ive never had a vent. at the first couple weeks it builds pressure faster but once ive burned thru half it doesnt reach over 200 psi.

We have had this set up for about 3 years now. It's been great, but I am looking to step it up at our new location. I will post pics in 6 weeks or so when we finish the build.

http://www.glassartists.org/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=7727

I wish I had Alex's station.

boxfan
    www.theflowmagazine.com
    www.menziesdesign.com
    Last edited by boxfan willy; 03-14-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Well, here is what i started with, a lil in the middle , and (oh shit gotta go take the last pic still)hey been at it all day roundin up material , and swingin a damn hammer
    Last edited by wildrokproductions; 12-05-2007 at 05:20 AM.

sorry about that
    heres the end of the day shot , still got vent and lights to go, and i couldnt help but add the mnt, it had just quit raining as i walked out of sutherlands. i couldnt help but take a pic

this is my current monkey cage , gotta love local support

last 2 pic are of the spot i just moved from , had a great veiw too, but to home we go , it was cool being there dude even put me in his t.v. commercial , and i got metioned on the radio a few times too !!
    taking the risk of being a full time lampworker is the greatest choice i have ever made!! a pat on the back to us all