The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a picture of your setup!

Default Re: Post a picture of your setup!

yeah man. i dig the bench decorations. i prefer something just bit more expensive though.

I took the pic with a digital camera sitting behind the torch, that video on the tripod had nothing to do with anything. At the end of the pic, by the sink, theres a mirror. Eyes, yeah I remember and still have that piece, took the leaves and bee off, made it into a candle holder.

Behind my bench is a vent hole to the outside to exhaust from the hood above, theres a window at the end of the pic, thats to refresh the air, works great.

Just did a demo at the University of Wisconsin-Madison all day today...tired.

steve

well heres some pics of my shop bout time for some spring cleaning
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop 001.jpg   shop 003.jpg   shop 004.jpg   shop 005.jpg   shop 006.jpg  

...hey garrick the vent system looks good. whats inside the box thats mounted flush against the inside wall? an attic fan or something else?

thanks

an attic fan, i need to work on it some more not really happy with it yet

...yeah i was gonna ask how well it pulled air cause i need to tweak mine too the work looks nice and clean though.

yeah traded a guy a bub for putting it together and cutting the hole in the wall
    i think i paid like a hundred bucks for the fan, stovepipe and sheetmetal. it works but i wish it pulled harder i think i might add 2 more attic fans at the openings above the torches

Here is mine after years of going to one thing into the next......I never really liked to feel like I was behind the prop of an airplane. This is a roof mount system with individual station banks so all you hear is air moving.(students below)

This pic was taken a while ago but the setup has not changed too much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN6387 web.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by AVC-Ed View Post
    We are shipping orders in 1-2 days, there have been no reported problems of anything

"Shaping the connection between Art and Agricullture"
    www.Locallygrownart.com
    www.carolinabiofuels.org

pimping

new shop pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bench.jpg  
    GlassShack

really cool set up GlassRoots
    d.scottland Mc.Fowl. Lone Pine Glass works

HAVING A HERO MAKES YOU SOME ONES BITCH...

Quote Originally Posted by Glassroots View Post
    This pic was taken a while ago but the setup has not changed too much
    this one dont look like its gonna do much good. anyone else think that??????????????????????
    I'm a slow typer...........a so-so writer
    been the shit ever since I was an infant in diapers

Quote Originally Posted by meadowesky View Post
    LMAO! you see all of those empty shelves??? if that isnt enough room, I guess the softglass will have to go

Okay, so I am obsessive about the glass organization. LOL

Check out my website on the homepage if you wanna see the befores and afters.
    We bought our house 4200 sq ft. for 26K. (it was a shit hole) worked for a year everyday and put 12K into it and it appraised 2 weeks ago for 80K. Big ass changes.
    http://www.meadowskydesigns.com
    OH MY GOD. Can you still buy houses for that price where you are? Is it nice there? I am half tempted to sell our house and move!
    -Kalera
    The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything. (Nietzsche)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
    OH MY GOD. Can you still buy houses for that price where you are? Is it nice there? I am half tempted to sell our house and move!
    you can do that anywhere. maybe not always the same price. but cheap as hell. so long as your willing to live in a shithole until your finished workin on it. thats how we got ours. payed 40 it was assessed(sp?) @ 77 before we even did any work to it. we have no idea of the final value after all work was finished cuase...uhh...well... we never finished. we got it livable and all other work has been coming veeeerrrrrryyyyy slowly. its hard to find time and money w/2 kids, 2 dogs, a dude on the couch (hes relatively new) and us both workin full time & torchin in our spare time. all in due time though.

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    you can do that anywhere. maybe not always the same price. but cheap as hell. so long as your willing to live in a shithole until your finished workin on it. thats how we got ours. payed 40 it was assessed(sp?) @ 77 before we even did any work to it. we have no idea of the final value after all work was finished cuase...uhh...well... we never finished. we got it livable and all other work has been coming veeeerrrrrryyyyy slowly. its hard to find time and money w/2 kids, 2 dogs, a dude on the couch (hes relatively new) and us both workin full time & torchin in our spare time. all in due time though.
    Hahahaha no, not anywhere... we paid $175 for our shithole, and that was a SCREAMING deal for our area... my sister paid $220 for hers, six blocks away, and it's so bad it's not legally livable. The area is getting nicer but when we bought this was the "ghetto". We've put $100k into our house and the front porch is STILL falling off, the upstairs has a big fucked-up room in the middle, and the ONE bathroom is... indescribable... but we're out of money and can't even think about doing anything with it for a few years. So yeah, it's all relative... I'm just thinking, damn, we should sell this thing and buy a nice house somewhere living's cheap... except I love Portland and I would hate to leave. But $80k for a decent house??? FUCK! That's tempting!

My studio is very small and incredibly messy:

And a shot of my fucked-up room upstairs (the other end is even more fucked-up...)

Last edited by Kalera; 08-27-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: pic not working
    -Kalera
    The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything. (Nietzsche)

Quote Originally Posted by ShttrdSpctrm View Post
    this one dont look like its gonna do much good. anyone else think that??????????????????????
    do you think my ventilation is adequate? I wasn't really sure what you meant by your comment. let me know yo, J
    Quote Originally Posted by AVC-Ed View Post
    We are shipping orders in 1-2 days, there have been no reported problems of anything

"Shaping the connection between Art and Agricullture"
    www.Locallygrownart.com
    www.carolinabiofuels.org

Depends what kind of fan is behind there sucking it out.
    -Kalera

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    Hey, dude on Cristi's couch. Get off your butt and pull stringer or points or something. anything?
    ~Misha

Quote Originally Posted by Glassroots View Post
    do you think my ventilation is adequate? I wasn't really sure what you meant by your comment. let me know yo, J
    yep, i think that's what chris meant. setups like that can be adequate. not optimal in my opinion but adequate.

kalera, i party in plenty of smaller towns where you can buy a BRAND NEW 3 bedroom house for 160,000.

all you paid for was the dirt under your house. (location). I also go to plenty of places where 300,000 gets you a shack.
    when I'm riding my bike around town I hate those idiots in their cars and when I'm driving my car around I hate those assholes on their bikes