The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advertise your site at the top of the forum and sponsor TMP!

Naughty Advertise your site at the top of the forum and sponsor TMP!

We are finally offering ad space/sponsorship for our members! And the best part is the cost to you is less than half of most the sites out there. We have an average of 3 million hits a month to our forum. That’s a lot of opportunity for visits to your site from the banner ad.

We're placing it in the primo spot on the forum, so it's sure to be seen on every page and get trickle down from google's pagerank.

Here’s a cost break down.

Artists: This rate is for those of you selling or displaying finished goods related to glass in some way. Marbles, sculptures, beads, jewelry, etc. Glassblowing/jewelry making/etc. lessons and small speciality tool and glass makers. (Glass art distributors, see below)
    $20 a month
    $100 for 6 months = 1 month free
    $200 a year = 2 months free

Distributors: This rate is for those of you selling things the artists use in their business. Raw supplies, torches, website development, printed goods, events, etc. And those of you offering others work for sale.
    $50 a month
    $250 for 6 months = 1 month free
    $500 a year = 2 months free

Classes can go either way, depending on location and class size. Private classes from your studio fall under artist, classes at say Eugene Glass School fall under dist.

Non-profit events are free.

Running a contest or something that’s a short notice one time ad, PM me and we can talk about a one time price, since it might not fall under either price bracket.

The money…you know how we roll here, it will go back into the forum in some form or another. And you get traffic to your site! Good plan right?! We’re also open to trades for the forum. If you have something that you think could help the forum toss me a PM.

You can purchase banner ad space/TMP sponsorship directly from your user cp under paid subscriptions. Then email me (eugenerain at gmail dot com in proper format) with your banner and the link you want it to go to. If you don’t want to use paypal, PM/email me and I’ll email you an invoice for credit card, or you can mail a check/money order. Because of the way this program works, refunds will not be offered. Also, we reserve the right to terminate your ad at any time should we find you offer bath salts, spice, or any other shitty drugs for sale.

Any of you can have a banner here! For your gallery, your site, your store, art, supplies, printing stuff…you know, all the stuff we use in our businesses.

Your banner needs to be 468x60 and cool enough to get people to click it. If you need help making a banner, we have people around here who love to do that kind of thing. Post here and I’m sure you’ll find someone! Maybe offer up something to trade for the time it takes to make the banner.

Thanks again Primathon for writing us a very cool script.

Our Current Sponsors! Thank you for advertising with us!

Last edited by PyroChixRock; 06-16-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: adding banners :D
    ~Misha

Default Re: Advertise your site at the top of the forum

I'd just like to point out that it was my hard work and dedication that developed those awesome banners in MSpaint. They took hours upon hours, and they represent the epitome of flawless artistry. Nothing could possibly look better, and I just want you all to recognize that
    Use as directed

subtle.....very subtle....
    dread cutter

Hehe, Prima...I about fell out of my chair reading that.

Some of my girlfriends made up some space banners, too....to save us from the big red monster!
    ~Misha

Quote Originally Posted by Primathon View Post
    I'd just like to point out that it was my hard work and dedication that developed those awesome banners in MSpaint. They took hours upon hours, and they represent the epitome of flawless artistry. Nothing could possibly look better, and I just want you all to recognize that
    Must of took a steady skilled hand indeed heheheheh..
    ~FlowerMatt

i think what prima REALLY wanted to say is.....RECOGNIZE BITCHES!!!

Misha/Primathon,

Can the banner be Flash or animated GIF? Or does it need to be a JPG?

Also, are the banners rotated randomly, or is the rotation determined by a non-random algorithm?

Thanks,
    Wes.
    Last edited by vetropod; 01-12-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Doh! I PMed you as soon as a saw one of Primathon's excellent banners, but before I saw this thread! My question was answered right here!
    ~Kimberly
    oxygen concentrators and Momka's borosilicate glass
    Check out my YouTube Channel for videos of torches running on concentrators. I'm working on more, so stay tuned and keep checking.

Definitely, if I had a business to promote, this forum is where I would do it...

Have you seen the stats at the bottom of the front page?

Members: 3,212, Active Members: 2,479

That's more people than this cute little town in the heart of Central America :-)
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

I'll definitely be interested if I ever get a decent web site put together.

Man, I couldn't touch Prima's style with a ten footer... and I can only hope that someday, I too will have such talent.

So if anyone needs a totally second-rate not-quite-Prima-quality banner made up, I can do that for you pretty quickly. I just need something to work from- a pic, a style, something from your gallery. I'll do it for trades, no problem. Shoot me a PM.
    Julz

"Free Your Mind, and Your Glass Will Follow"

@gnimelf: I don't see any reason that it couldn't be an animated GIF. Flash would take some more coding, but it's doable. I think a flash banner should be worth more, though, as you can interact with it as opposed to the (mostly) static images we have up now.

Also, to answer your other PM question, right now they're pulled at random out of a list, and I'm thinking it will stay this way for the foreseeable future. If at some point we decide to charge based on priority and/or frequency, we'll change that. As of now, though, everyone's on equal ground.
    Use as directed

Some more answers to questions that have come up.

Glassblowing/jewelry making/etc. lessons falls under artist bracket.

Classes can go either way, depending on location and class size. Private classes from your studio fall under artist, classes at say Eugene Glass School fall under dist.

Events (agi, flame offs, etc.) fall under distributor category.

Non-profit events (like the one Roze did to make money for breast caner research) are free.

Running a contest or something that’s a short notice one time ad, PM me and we can talk about a one time price, since it might not fall under either price bracket.

Hope this helps! Those of you needing banners made let people know! I see Julz offered up some help, she makes great banners. She made a handful of the buy space ones up now, and Susan's which is about to go up. Shadow also made some of the buy ad ones up there, and some you may have seen around in sigs and such.
    ~Misha

Someone asked about forums...yes you can advertise your forums here, PM me for pricing.
    ~Misha

Lets just say hypotherticly what kind of cost would some one want to just "whip out" a banner for someone ??????? ballpark figure.
    I thought that might help some one decide if its some thing they want to flip to someone else. Or know if they are getting a good deal or not.

BTW
    I'm working on getting a new site up soon and have some kick as logo stuff I can use. And I'm really liking the banner idea. Just in the same thing as others I need to sell some more stuff so I can get the banner I need to sell more stuff to get the $ for the banner to sell more stuff.

But at least its afordable and not a huge investmemt.
    I can say from experiance that because this board is visited by real glass workers that really work glass for a living. Not just day dream about it or hem and haw over what they want to do. Its a good place for advertising.
    I have thought about getting an add space on other sites and Then keep rashinalising why bother advertising to peep that are only looking with no intent to buy in the first place.

Where as here I'm thinking who the hell cares if I buy an ad and happen to not get a single extra sale out of it. #1 its not a lot to pay to even just try the waters.
    and #2 who the hell cares because its $ to the board and thats always a good thing. :-)

Its less then the going rate for a Hooker and a pack of smokes. LOL (MY momma allways said I had a unique way of pointing out the silver lining in things)

I'm cheap and easy, and I ain't no hooker.

I can make you a banner pretty easily, I'll do trades for little stuff, pendants, small pieces. I just like to do them because they are easy for me, I like to help out, and hey, I like seeing my work up there.

Sent you a PM
    Julz

"Free Your Mind, and Your Glass Will Follow"

HEHEHHEHEHEH HAHAHAHAH ITZ ON So all go on rotating Gif banner? thoes be da shizzel

SO would something like this work? Does it need to be in .jpg or.gif .bmp ????

Now I just need to get a better web site. To go with my kickass banner. :-)
    Last edited by smutboy420; 01-15-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Sure that's killer. I like the animation.
    ~Misha

I have CripSkillz to thank for that pimp ass banner.