The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weave pattern

Default weave pattern

i was wondering how u do the weave pattern inside out. if anyone can help that would be great. something like this
    random naked girl in bed: " hey glenn i have a question for you, what do you do or a living?" glenn: " well ive got a question for you, what are you still doing here?" giggety giggety

Brian Burge

Default Re: weave pattern

Weaves are done by stacking peices of ribbon.

cool so i would make a ribbon and then cut it into peices and then make a new ribbon out of those and then lay those ribbons on the inside of the tube?
    random naked girl in bed: " hey glenn i have a question for you, what do you do or a living?" glenn: " well ive got a question for you, what are you still doing here?" giggety giggety

Brian Burge

Blog Entries

i think it's easier to cut and flip a wrap and rake.
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

make a very large ribbon cane and cut it into equal sized tiles. make a T with clear rods and stack the tiles accodingly on the T. do it kinda diagonally so that you can curl one end around to meet the other so it becomes a tube. have the top parts match up and condense until it is a solid bubble. its kinda a lot of work

What max said.

couldn't you build them onto a tube?

Well I'm not gonna say there a right way or a wrong way to do anything...whatever works for you works for you. But when I do them I stack them into a sheet first and then roll it up into a tube. I've only done two and they are a pain but they do have a unique look

im gonna try making a ribbon and cutting it into tiles then weld each tile together opposite of each other till i have a new ribbon that i can lay on the inside of my tube ill let you guys know how it goes

Brian Burge

man i just tryed that the other day and laying eachone individually means each tile has to be perfect {meaning the tile can't be to thick either}and placed in their individually is not as clean looking as the peices i've seen, too it probably takes lotz of patience and time to get it all just right....i'm not tryin that one out again for a while...let me know if u figure the secret out...

Quote Originally Posted by newmexicomagma View Post
    im gonna try making a ribbon and cutting it into tiles then weld each tile together opposite of each other till i have a new ribbon that i can lay on the inside of my tube ill let you guys know how it goes
    Please follow up on this with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by nasty View Post
    man i just tryed that the other day and laying eachone individually means each tile has to be perfect {meaning the tile can't be to thick either}and placed in their individually is not as clean looking as the peices i've seen, too it probably takes lotz of patience and time to get it all just right....i'm not tryin that one out again for a while...let me know if u figure the secret out...
    12345. I've tried it a few times, but it turned out like poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. "Awesome!" View Post
    couldn't you build them onto a tube?
    That is how I do it, right on the open end of the tube
    ~FlowerMatt

if all of your tiles are somewhat the same size, then as you condense down they will seal up any holes between the tiles. The key is to try to get your ribbon as even as possible when pulling it down and also try to measure out each tile as close as possible.

Pull a long ribbon and only use pieces out of the center where it's more even for this,and use the rest for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanLathe View Post
    That is how I do it, right on the open end of the tube
    BAM!!
    thats one of those things that when said oh so simply it completly makes sense!!
    i was wondering that myself???!!
    thanks matt!

i seen it done one tile at a time inside out, it looked kinda shiesty.