The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: www.dnrglass.com

Default Re: www.dnrglass.com

i just asked the mcdonalds manager for a pay raise. He said no way. i told him i only wanted to work for that price just to get the job.

misha, i was just thinking that if they are not made here then its kind of like people posting pipes from india on gp.org.... i dont know maybe its cool for people to sell anything made anywhere by anyone under any condition here.... i dont know the rules....

if they are made here so be it... i really doubt that the hemp is tied here....

I don't know the "rules" on this subject either 3rip, it's pretty touchy and I don't think there is any real way for us to distinguish a clear set of rules about something like posting on a forum. On the glass galleries it’s an easy clear line...that site is for artists, free, to help artists where ever they come from. Not for stores or head shops or sweat shops etc.

We do how ever have plans for our own auction section here one day. That software will have to be paid for through fundraisers and donations, and guess whose gonna be raising that money? ARTISTS. So same set of "rules" will apply as mentioned above.

Again, it may be hard to distinguish sometimes and this guy’s case is tough. He says they are made in the us, big deal? We don’t really care where artists come from, what we care about is how they are treated. When we see a pendant selling for $5 that we know should be selling for more, and ALSO include a hand tied hemp rope on them that should raise the price but isn’t, we think...well the guy who made that is sure having a hard time feeding his family!

Anyway, that’s where we are coming from as artists rockymountainhigh. We WANT people to get what they deserve to be paid and we also want the market to stay where we can afford to keep our jobs. You charging $5 for a pendant like those takes food off our plates so naturally it upsets people. But just to be clear you are welcome to post here and sell your glass for whatever you like, but other members are also welcome to comment on it so long as they keep it respectful.

I want to thank you guys for keeping it real and remaining respectful. I know it’s hard to do sometimes especially when your livelihood seems on the line, but it shows how intelligent you all can really be and I appreciate the professionalism. (granted there were some jokes in this thread, but they were to make a point and kept respectful, and that can also be an intelligent way to make a point)
    ~Misha

Im curious why anyone who thinks these pendants are worth soo much more doesnt just buy as many as they can afford, and then step on the price times 4. Seems to me this kid would be happy to make these all day for 5 bones (hes happy) middle mans got his cut(hes happy) world market unaffected, until at least that kids apprentice undercuts him at 4 bones

come on somebody put your money where your keyboard is>

I think a lot of blowers could benefit greatly(i did) from a first year buisness class
    -supply + demand, inflation, oversaturation

when i first started selling higher end peices, I always had a hell of a time determining worth, which most good sales people will tell you, every transaction has a different set of circumstances. Not only for the custy, but for you also. I.E. differant colors = longer working time, differant flame characteristics; for basically the same outcome. Also some people get taxed for a K tank while others get liquid on the hook. Distance traveled to get materials, operating expense, diff for every shop.

anyways just saying "why pay the piper when theres free piping down the street" or something like that

it is my opinion that ANY and ALL information posted here on this forum GREATLY devalues the retail industry...but we do it anyway, and then complain that other people who just dial up can get all your trade secrets for FREE....we are one of the ONLY industries that does this....if you have a SKILL you would like to hold its original value, DONT tell CHINA(which is what this site is for, right), and if you find your skill posted here for the world to copy at will with no PATENT, don't feel bad. Most indiustries eventually form unions to prevent this type of thing, but due to "pipemaker politics" we all just scramble along hoping next week "benerbacks", and "discflip pulled cane" isnt the LATEST thing at WALMART......in the meantime, I believe any AMERICAN who is making a living has a right to do so, any means possible.....as far as import politics, sometimes selling imports make it possible for small buisness to buy expensive American labor.....and so the world turns...again-just my opinion.