The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Some new stuff

Default Re: Some new stuff

dam crip, that looks good. i get devit all the time when i bend, stretch. do like magma said and hit it with a small sharp flame for just a second. shit goes right away. sherlocks usually sell well. good luck, peace

Thankx guys , well I kilned it today and re polished well see how it went

I had a jacked up day at the torch, tried to flair some tube got it OK not to good then got some thick lines and to lattis in there then was strechn a bit to much got it thin and did my famous wrinkle I hate it but used half to pull a decent piece, then had a tight wrap n rake goin till i did the same thing and thined out a spot then got pissed and started meltin the shit out it and it turned into a mushroom pipe,, kinda gay you will see tomarrow

as for how I do my holes and bowls is I get the spot hot then tip on side and pull out of the flame as the tit comes out and then move it so jstu the tip of tit is in and POP it, then i melt in a lil and give a lil push with my 1/4 rod then heat it all around and push the bowl then I do the same for carb, and add whatever then pull the mouth piece off and thats that..

Ill take feed back Im here to learn man ehhehe

lata all
    Last edited by CripSkillz; 03-09-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Have you tried blowing your bowlholes? Basically once my bubble is made I turn it on it's side and heat a small spot where I want my bowl hole to be then I blow it out in the flame. If the hole is too big you can shrink it by heating around it. If the hole is too small reheat it and blow a bit harder. Then just heat around the bowl hole and push the bowl. I like to get the bowl pushed in 1 shot. You can also do the same with the carb hole.

hehehheh oh ya that what i do I was a lil high last night when writin i ment I m blowin the whole time I ment i pull it outa flame a bit when the lil tit pops out so im jsut hittin the end wif flame then it pops WHILE IM BLOWIN basically the same way your doin it sorry for da confusion ill edit that word

Ok here are lastnights craps the lil auqa one is Jacked but it was coilpottd jsut a bit to mess wif so no biggie I like the color no bolin and doesnt have to be encased I like that , The unobtanium cracked in the other piece that was my I/O attempt that went bad, then the mushroom wasnt susposta be a mush room thill i messed up the spoon part and jsut started meltin away, then it turned into a mushroom pipe, but the bowl hole is jacked was to close to the edge of shroom hit the inside. And thx for the tips on devit polished out the sherl and shes all perty again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2921.jpg 
Views:	947 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	5357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2924.jpg 
Views:	963 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	5358  

That mushroom pipe is great. Sometimes the coolest stuff comes out of a mistake. You need to get out of cali and roll your ass up here in the mountains where the locals aren't used to artsy shit. Your seconds would go as firsts. They love the wierd stuff.

good job pushing yourself man. nice job on trying the coil pot. is it solid agua? try just covering a point in agua so u have a clear base it wil make your color last longer and will make a solid color too. and its easier to shape being that clear moves easier than agua. but that a way to do the stick stack. i dont think its called that but u just draw ur lines on a point melt them down then put clear over them now u have a full color tube inside out. keep just having fun ur moving along just fine.
    random naked girl in bed: " hey glenn i have a question for you, what do you do or a living?" glenn: " well ive got a question for you, what are you still doing here?" giggety giggety

Brian Burge

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CripSkillz View Post
    as for how I do my holes and bowls is I get the spot hot then tip on side and pull out of the flame as the tit comes out and then move it so jstu the tip of tit is in and POP it, then i melt in a lil and give a lil push with my 1/4 rod then heat it all around and push the bowl
    that process is legit. all i would add is a note about how to fix them when they are too big or too small. too small is easier. heat the rim of the hole ONLY, then spread it with sharp tipped tweezers (i keep a small pair hidden on the side of my bench for just this purpose), this will leave a rectangular shaped hole that you can fit the 2 mil. end of a reamer or a nail into, which will make it round again. as for shrinking holes that are too big, heat around the hole and a bit more but not all the way up to the outer edge of the push. have your reamer/nail ready because once it starts to shrink it wont stop until you put something there to stop it. this usually works unless the glass in the bowl is too thin. if it's too thin then don't even try..... twenty minutes later you will be swearing out loud. i hope that helps. i'm not tryng to be cocky like i'm so perfect.... i only know how to fix bowl holes because i've fucked up on so many of them.

the new pieces look good, keep going.
    peace, m
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

Hey ya thx for the info Ill keep it in mind case i gott try it weeeeeeeee this is what i made today I got another one in teh kiln I did tonight it sux well see tomarow
    lata all

Name:	2936.jpg 
Views:	936 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	5367  

Here is the other I did last night I guess it came out better than i was think it was gona heheheh I like the blues my buddy wanted blue and not melted in wired huh I made the first one then he said he wanted more texture like not melted in all teh way OK hehehe Some people do like shitty pipes LOL

Name:	2946.jpg 
Views:	920 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	5368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2950.jpg 
Views:	911 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	5369  

Sup yalll been a few day but weeeeeeeeeee I got my *r ryder torch and a sm21 tip im super stoked here is what i made the opther day its jsut gona get beta

Name:	PICT3020.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	5587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3021.jpg 
Views:	897 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	5588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT3023.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	5590  

Lookin good man - I wish I was that playful with design when I first started. I got burnt out on mastering shaping, no colors just fume and clear. Keep it up.

nice crip, i like the sherlock, you should make more of those. and i have had some probs with unobtanium on the inside work, crackin ank checkin. ive been told to use alota oxy when applyin that color, sumtin bout da chrome. peace

OHHHHHH YAAAA Last night was great I started with 20 " of 24x4 and 1 blo tube, ended up with 4 points and 5 Pieces all wif good mouth pices and carbs and bowl holes, 3 hours and I didnt fuk nothin up super stoked any how check out these bad boys, and I tried the uxeplain again and I melted the shit outa it and it still checked where it had clear over and its meltid in like a mofo, smooth as a babys buttt oh well, I wonder if its just a bad batch the rods are kinda grainy, its the seconds 10$a pound shit heres the pics

Name:	3137.jpg 
Views:	854 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	5777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3139.jpg 
Views:	861 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3136.jpg 
Views:	846 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	5779  

Lookin good man!
    Nick

what is the pinkish color I'm seeing?

Thats what that shitty brown color looks like on iso your seein brown line from rear side, lol I thought i had 2 of the same stringers looked identicall one came out red the ohter brown but pink from inside

Here are some more i made today came out good yay

Name:	3146.jpg 
Views:	833 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	5795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3147.jpg 
Views:	818 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	5796  

keep up the good work, lookin good

hey yo crip looking good i think its time you try some dots and try breaking up the pattern a little. think to yourself," these dots will be a blown mouth piece," these twisted lines will be the stem going to the bowl," and then some more dots for the bowl", then maybe short little lines on the end of the tube for a spiral of twisted lines on the end. Creating a surface pattern on your piece will help you determine over all length of finished piece thickness and shape. Creating a clean flow from pattern to pattern is what is hard to pull off at first, give it a whirl.
    ~FlowerMatt