The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Low cost manifolds

Default Low cost manifolds

Hi folks.

If any of you need manifolds to run multiple torches off of one regulator, go to eBay and search, "1/4" manifold" to find something like this.

With some extra fittings (ball valves / barbs / nipples / 1/4" NPT to "B" fitting, etc) you will have an affordable way to expand the number of torches per regulator.

I hope this helps some of you : )

Tom

Default Re: Low cost manifolds

that's what I use for my lathe... well, an aluminum version of the same.

I would suggest you get some 1/4" NPT to 1/4" barb fittings, some 1/4" NPT to B fittings, and some 1/4" plugs. You'll also need 2 3/8" plugs and some 3/8" hardware for end inlets...

Total cost per manifold was under $30 when I did it, and I can hook up 6 torches
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Default Re: Low cost manifolds

Just to confirm so I don't do something stupid. Aluminum is ok material to use for a manifold block for oxygen or propane? Also, it sounds like your plugging 3/8 inlets and using one of the 1/4 outlets as the inlet, is that correct?
    Last edited by Orion Glass Works; 02-24-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    --------------------------------
    http://orionglassworks.com
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Glass Works View Post
    Just to confirm so I don't do something stupid. Aluminum is ok material to use for a manifold block for oxygen or propane? Also, it sounds like your plugging 3/8 inlets and using one of the 1/4 outlets as the inlet, is that correct?
    Yes as long as its regulated pressure not tank pressure

I think ideally you would supply your manifold with a 3/8" hose then branch out with 1/4". If you don't have 3/8" then buy a 1/4" to 3/8" adapter or like you said plug the 3/8" and use one of the 1/4" for your inlet.