The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GTT Super Lynx **Custom One of a Kind 4 Knob Lynx Built by GTT**

Default Re: GTT Super Lynx **Custom One of a Kind 4 Knob Lynx Built by GTT**

Quote Originally Posted by jr23 View Post
    Its cool, although its more priced toward a collector of odd one of a kind stuff

It must have cost less than a phantom, or you would have bought one of those.
    Exactly. I am banking on this selling at an inflated price because of it's rarity and collectibility. The reason Willy and Wally said they wouldn't do it again is because it takes just as much effort (if not more effort) for them to build as it does a Phanotm or Mirage.

I actually first downgraded from a Mirage to a Phantom, and then from the Phantom to my Custom Super Lynx. My reasons for doing this was because of studio space restriction (I was blowing glass in a ghetto-shop type set up with not a lot of space), because I convinced my self I would only be making smaller stuff, and because I was getting sick of getting torch-burn on my face from all the heat of the bigger torches.

Quote Originally Posted by hellawacked View Post
    Can we get some flame shots im curious to see how this thing rages compared to a stock lynx
    I will take some flame shots this evening, and post them tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by misticglass View Post
    I bought my kiln from Rosiedog years ago, can verify him as a good seller and good dude!
    Hey buddy! We should get together sometime soon (If not out by your area, let me know the next time you come to visit our mutual friends).

Quote Originally Posted by ArtcoInc View Post
    Is this going to be a 'silent auction' or an open auction? I'm seriously interested!

Malcolm
    This will be an open auction either on ebay or at the glassifieds page on facebook. I'll post a link here and to a few other FB pages when it goes up for auction. I want to give it some more exposure before I list it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueburnsorange View Post
    Does that outer ring heat the barrel up when it's raging?

I wish I could afford this... too cool!
    Actually, the outer green oxy ring keeps the barrel cooler than it would without it. This also keeps most carbon build up from happening, and the torch head stays nice and shiny/clean looking. When I use the torch, I keep it cracked open all the time.

what advantage is there to getting this over a phantom and just running the outer oxy? (like what pressure and lpm does it run at etc)
    Last edited by joshw891; 02-18-2014 at 10:43 PM.

^lol!
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

The diff is with a phantom you get a outer fire.

This torch is being sold as a oddity.

And as unbelievable as it sounds a fan boy will pay for this.
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

It truely is an oddity, only one ever made, only one ever to be made..
    I sure as hell would like to try playing on it for those crayon colors.

If i had the scratch to drop i would for something like this, very rare!

kind of a shitty thing to say on someones sales thread.
    oh yeah and im a fanboy that wishes he had the scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    life>fiction

i think just about all of us are wishing we had the extra to throw down for this. this would be the perfect back up torch for me.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

impressive how much interest this little puppy is getting...good luck with the auction!
    goldy

Oh cool, I remember this plucky winged zebra! The perfect Lynx!

I didn't ask what the difference was between this and a phantom, there is no second stage gas so there is no outer fire on this torch. I could tell right away when I saw it. I was simply trying to figure out if this thing is an oxy hog or not for its size. Maybe it even has to run a little higher propane pressure than a normal lynx. I have no clue. That's why I was asking

Hey guys. I've been feeling under the weather since my last post so I still have yet to take photos of the flame. I'll try to get some taken tonight.

This torch runs at the same pressures that you would run a regular lynx at (or the same as a bigger GTT's center fire while using the outer green oxy). I always ran it with a green bottle of oxy (either the K-tank or T-tank...whichever one is the smaller tank), and I can't tell the difference in oxygen consumption between this and a regular Lynx. I run the propane at 5 psi and the oxy at about 18 to 20 psi. I have 20 to 25 foot hoses running from my tanks to the torch.

Last edited by JTGlass; 02-19-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Face meltingly cool.
    One very appreciative guy.

This is so awesome Nicole lil torch I got there

HD
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

I've been talking to rosiedog about this lynx for awhile now, good people! I thought I may have had a chance getting it until all of this interest LOL! But yes, let's see some action shot! Does it act alike w a mirage running outer oxy as where the candles get longer the more you add? Or does the opposite happen because the outer oxy ring on this would be closer to the centerfire than like on a mirage/ phantom?

Sooo whos going to put a tube over their lynx and put a valve on it after seeing this?

great to see the pics! i heard about this.. at some point.. somehow.. and was told not to say anything about it. heh =) cool!!
    ---seth

Click the link for Stainless Steel V2 double swivels, silicone blowhose boots, Blowhose Holster, silicone blowhoses, and the Infini-V roller constriction V:
    www.etsy.com/shop/firekistglass
    here are some reviews and stuff:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showt...hlight=swivels

Sorry I've been a bit missing in action this past week. Blame the weather. I'll try to get some action shots up asap.

Quote Originally Posted by neddowerx View Post
    I've been talking to rosiedog about this lynx for awhile now, good people! I thought I may have had a chance getting it until all of this interest LOL! But yes, let's see some action shot! Does it act alike w a mirage running outer oxy as where the candles get longer the more you add? Or does the opposite happen because the outer oxy ring on this would be closer to the centerfire than like on a mirage/ phantom?
    It acts just like any GTT with a lynx center fire with the outer green oxygen applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekist View Post
    great to see the pics! i heard about this.. at some point.. somehow.. and was told not to say anything about it. heh =) cool!!
    Please do spread the word! I would like to give it as much exposure as possible If I actually do decide to sell it (I'm now contemplating on keeping it to mount it on a Champion or a 40mm HA). If anyone wants to help me out by posting it on facebook, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by JTGlass; 02-25-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosiedog View Post
    Sorry I've been a bit missing in action this past week. Blame the weather. I'll try to get some action shots up asap.

It acts just like any GTT with a lynx center fire with the outer green oxygen applied.

Please do spread the word! I would like to give it as much exposure as possible If I actually do decide to sell it (I'm now contemplating on keeping it to mount it on a Champion or a 40mm HA). If anyone wants to help me out by posting it on facebook, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Get out a video of that thing working and i'm sure it will sell faster. But are you keeping it or selling it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Get out a video of that thing working and i'm sure it will sell faster. But are you keeping it or selling it?
    I'm trying to get a video of it done now. I need to figure out what to do about lighting and holding the camera properly because all I have to work with is my phone. I'd like to be able to pick up the candles on video, but I can't get it to focus in on that. It does show the variance of character in the flame when applying the outer oxygen, so I'll try to post something if I can either way. I'll probably be posting it on the "Which Torch Makes Me Sexier" page on FB.

I'm seriously contemplating keeping it now. I'd like to pick up a mirage or bigger GTT, or a HA 40mm. Now I'm considering picking up a Bethlehem Champion and possibly mounting my Lynx on top of it (or just keep it along side the Champ). If I could get my hands on a new Mirage or a bigger GTT in less time than what it usually takes, I would probably be more likely to sell it. I'd like to be able to keep it if I can manage to do so.

If I got a ridiculous offer that I couldn't refuse, I would probably part with it.