The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Glassblower problems

Default Re: Glassblower problems

Trying to find some time to get on the torch, in between working 75 hours a week at my regular job.

with ya there zukie. Mine is fuck how am I out of oxygen I can still breathe?
    Melting wax one candle at a time

I have so much work to do. I might have to work weekends too. You have to be dedicated to sell your own line of glass pipes.

This one happend to me today. Running out of propane and o2 at just about the same time then having to fuel up the car to go get propane and o2.
    Beep beep beep.....yeah

so when you forget to read the forum all summer and you decide to drive around meeting people instead of just reading and talking to people on here…
    no cigarettes or alcohol… meh… I hated them to begin with.
    The weed is soooo gooood
    I don’t really know how life can get better
    the bench is a black hole… a catastrophe of stuff
    forgetting about glass dust and other dangerous shop shit all the time.
    Not knowing what you are doing in someone else’s shop..
    Not working and blowing glass all the time without instruction because… duh you can totally do this shit dummy.
    Not knowing who all is using said studio
    Not having your own fortress of solitude
    Not reading this topic
    Not knowing who anyone in the industry is during there regular hours of work
    paranoia!
    not going to see a Doctor yet
    Really fearing what the Doctor might tell you
    needing to fix bongs that you didn’t bring because A they have sharp edges when broken and B its still dirty.
    not really being able to complain about anything because everything is going smoothly… its way strange when that happens.
    Totally spacing on how to watch the Revere Glass video....
    Knowing that everyone you know and love is just watching you and waiting for you to finally do something smart...
    Last edited by tedmajor; 09-17-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    I got no Fuckin clue what is going on right now boys!

I just got back from Brooklyn from doing my art show. I missed 2 days in the glass studio. I am feeling so far behind. I am going to work the weekends but I am not sure it will help. I am going to run out of oxygen again. Then I will have to wait for the welding supply store to open on Monday morning to work more.
    I think I am not going to do a painting show for a wile. I am going to focus on my torch working. It pays me.

Cops went to my favorite bar in the NYC and gave them a warning. I guess they checked there liquor license and capacity permits. So everyone cool had to clear out of the bar. The bar tenders told the guys that next there would be an undercover cop outside the bar where everyone is smoking or inside the bar checking out the bathroom. If they see anything then the cops show up and everyone has to pull out there ID. Everytime this happenes someone looses something illegal from the wallet by accident. So then the bar is introuble.....
    SO as a result it is a very slow scene now. No over capacity all out party anymore..........
    I will have to find a new favorite bar maybe?

Check this out in the new york times......
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/18/fa...002&abg=0&_r=0

Today is going to be a shipping day. I have to wrap and ship orders all day.

Hitting the clamps that hold my torch to my bench with the sensitive area right above my knee caps
    Boiling sensitive fucking colors
    Always wondering if my garage is going to be blown to bits due to equipment failure even though I always double check my gases every time I shut down
    Looking for a hot marble that has fallen off the punty and onto the floor- following the smell of burning dust
    Frustration resulting from my TAG glass never striking as beautifully as it does in their photos- Why do the Mai Tais hate me?
    It's impossible to keep the garage warm in the winter and cool in the summer thanks to the ventilation requirements for make up air
    Josh
    Confessed compulsive glassturbator

GTT Mirage, Homefill, top-loading/hand-roasting Paragon kiln

Today is oxygen day again. As long as I get there early I will still be able to work a full day. I have it down now.
    I hope the manager helps me today. She gives me a price brake.

Came into the studio this morning to find that I had a compatibility problem with the Asian amber and pyrex on some spoons. I think I have 8 rejects out of 30 amber spoons. I put the rap on supper heavy and the extra thick parts of amber cracked. On all 8 of them.
    Then I turned on my oxygen tank that I bought yesterday at the end of the day and it only has 1500 pounds of pressure in it. So I got shorted 1/4 of a tank. I will have to get more like before they close on Friday I hope. To make up for all the rejects.....

Walkin up into the bar and fighting off hoards of hot chicks that think your the coolest fucking thing since vanilla ice just cuz you work Dichro.

Waking up, realizing it's a dream, actually walking into the bar and bartering crappy pipes for well
    Whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Cops went to my favorite bar in the NYC and gave them a warning. I guess they checked there liquor license and capacity permits. So everyone cool had to clear out of the bar. The bar tenders told the guys that next there would be an undercover cop outside the bar where everyone is smoking or inside the bar checking out the bathroom. If they see anything then the cops show up and everyone has to pull out there ID. Everytime this happenes someone looses something illegal from the wallet by accident. So then the bar is introuble.....
    SO as a result it is a very slow scene now. No over capacity all out party anymore..........
    I will have to find a new favorite bar maybe?
    nah just open a private gentleman's club. woman allowed of course. so long as they're dichro and opal sluts.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

I think I got a bad batch of Asian amber. I found another 7 or 8 with small cracks in the color too. More rejects then ever.

I guess I should keep one for myself? I have a bunch of usable ones. Just I can't sell them with this crappy color issue.

Trying to keep the three snakes outta my studio with mothballs and then when ya get a hit of fresh air, you gag your brains out cause your lungs are laced with the stuff.... Heating your studio with kerosene (affordable) then when your out of the studio, you realize your still suffocating because your lungs are laced and every breath is just more fumes...breath shallow my friends... when the bobcat is secretly amazed at your glass blowing skills watching from behind the brush and then you step out into the dark and spook him...ROAR! Holy crap!
    Don't trouble Trouble unless Trouble troubles You!

I am going to use kerosene this winter. It is not cold enough yet. But I add some vanilla extract to the kerosene tank and it makes it smell like a candy factory. Works great. Thought you should know.

Havin to eat cereal with a fork because of that one time you "needed multiple frit spoons now!"
    #Glassblowerproblems
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

And it was a glass fork .....soft glass