The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: NewB Pipe Exchange - 2014

Default Re: NewB Pipe Exchange - 2014

Hey, can you put me in for 2? Now that we got a whole month, it shouldn't be a problem for me to come up with 2 functional pieces that I can be somewhat proud of to send out! Can't wait to see what everyone makes! This is gonna be fun!

I finished the spoon for the exchange, but now that we have until end of January, could I be marked down for 3? I am certain I can finish 2 more by then. If not, it's all good.

FINAL PARTICIPATING LIST:

oG Glocc Coma x3
    Snoopdog6502
    Bruce Dille
    Enigma
    DEmptyglass
    Simian
    Itssteve
    SnowDiesel x3
    Jed
    derekg0 x2
    Dplaza
    Monte
    ThreeE x2
    Thanph x2
    Piedpiper608
    SwanieMix
    Mattypo x2
    Aaron Ellis x3
    Yeef x3
    Jonny B
    Ybot
    TCsGlassworks
    hilltop13
    Aymie x3
    Marleyb0b x3
    Jesuscrust x3

Price
    Genentics x3
    mbashaw
    skyhighdude
    afroguy x2
    Yinzer x3

Names will be drawn @ Random and messaged to Sender by hopefully Tuesday the 30th(My next free Day)
    Last edited by oG Glocc Coma; 12-27-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Just to avoid confusion I want to point out that you listed my forum nickname incorrectly. Skyhighguy is the name, not Skyhighdude

Add Samson x3 if you can! If not, next year!!! Can't believe I missed seeing this!
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

I bought a kiln today but it will not be here till next week. Anyway Ill send one that's not annealed.

Sorry Samson list is finalized and i am randomizing shipping numbers now.

Skyhighguy, sorry ill make sure its right, adding both you and afroguy at same time confused me, lol

To all sorry for delay... they blocked talkglass @ work
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Without love in the dream
    It will never come true

Happy New Year!

I have sent all shipping info to all parties! Super excited to get this started, Getting oxygen on the 5th and going to try some new stuff to see what I can come up with to give the people I am sending to an awesome piece that they can feel the love in!

The total number of pipes being exchanged ended up @ 55 with 32 Participants! I'd like to thank all for the awesome turn out, if you can not fulfill your obligation set fourth please be kind and let me know at least a week before deadline so I can try to correct and send a piece on my end as soon as possible!

Note: Please don't see my kindness above as an easy way out, I will still be sending list of people who did not fulfill their obligation for black listing in future exchanges

deadline is 1/31/15!
    Awesome, I will have a kiln long before that. The last few pieces Iv made have very thick glass and have minor cracks and I would feel like crap sending out a noobish pipe with cracks on top of that.

I officially got conformation that the first pipe went out for the exchange! Super excited to get oxygen this weekend and I got a l marver and different size graphite rods coming from ABR to up my game along with some Blue Moon Frit! ITs about to go DOWN!

Please make sure to take pictures of the piece you receive! We all wanna see whose getting what!

This will be interesting. I know some are much more skilled then others, I know I dont want to send out a hunk of junk.
    The good news for me is I should get my kiln tomorrow by the end of the day according to UPS. LOL

I don't care how skilled the artist is id just like to have a new piece and spread some of mine around in new places too. I'm very excited to be in on this as well I should have mine made and in the mail next week. Thanx again oG Glocc.

i can't wait to see what people have made. i hope i get at least one seriously noobish piece, because i'm sending out one, at least =D

^^concur, thanks oG Glocc. this was fun.

Hey cool, I was just hearing about this from one of my students. Says he entered it. What a fun thing. I wish I'd have known about this place sooner. You guys are so fun for the ones just getting started. It's fun for me too, but I'm already kind of in my niche. This place is such a wonderful tool in helping others find theirs.
    Number 1 in all of your glass chainsaw pipe manufacturing needs.

No one should worry about the skill level of the pieces they send out. Some of us are going to get things that are better than ours, just take it as inspiration for growth. I am looking forward to getting some really nicely executed jank spoons. I love noob work and being able to have a point of reference for someone's career in glass. For the first few years, I hated when my dad brought out old pipes I had made. A decade later I get excited about having a reunion with my janks and make him bring them all out.

Send something without cracks and just be proud of wherever you are.

Aymie

^^ that's funny, Aymie. my mother does the same (well did) with my marbles and pendants and all my first year's worth of stuff. she kept all of it, and some of it she had to dig out of the trash lol.
    well she showed me the box of stuff on new years day and it was like looking back in time. frickin awesome
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

I have 2 pickle jars full of my Jank Pipes, I love the colors but when they break in half they are real hard to handle! I put them in the pickle jars and fill with water and cap off!

To everyone worried about their pipe, I've spoke with many of the ones with more exp than us and none say they care at all and are wanting the jankiest pipe of them all! don't be discouraged by your work, let it push you in to a positive place of learning! I feel the best way to up your game is to look what other people are sending out!

I cant wait for my mailbox to fill up with Jank and Love! I got my L marver coming so someone is gonna get some pieces from Me that will have a new standard of awesomeness! can't wait! Good luck to All, the first piece should be reaching its destination very soon and cant wait to see the first recieved pic in the thread!

just got this awesome frit spoon from jonny b! super clean work man, thanks a lot!

Thanks man, glad it made it to you safe and sound!