The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New Colors by Molten Aura Labs - for sale now!

Default Re: New Colors by Molten Aura Labs - for sale now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamputer View Post
    You need to put the Coe of the glass on your site. I can't find it anywhere. What is the Coe?
    Its supposed to be boro, and that implies coe 33 or very close
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

Just tried ordering and absolutly nothing is in stock! Also everything went up to $80 a lb, a couple days ago it was $50-$60 i believe. So then I went to just get a sample pack and what do you know, out of stock. Really wish I could try these colors out as I work in full color 99% of the time and buy tons of color but there's nothing available and wow $80 is A lot to spend on something still being tested and improved. I should have ordered a few days ago before the price went up and sold out! Please let me know what's up, we need new boro color, but also need better more competitive prices. We need affordable good color, we need a company that can make it for $40-$60 a lb and compete with northstar firsts prices. So is there a sample pack you got hidden away for me? That acually has a good price on it. Sorry to complain, but your color was a better deal just days ago, and in stock.

Preach it Ned. Your eyes didn't fool ya. Prices did go up. I missed the boat as well.

Go ahead. I'll be your Huckleberry.

yeah and my one complaint (so far) is the "sample pack" had 6 colors....not one of each color they make. i was more then a bit peeved by that.

how do you even stock a sample pack....that isn't a full representative sample of what you offer? i guess for the $40 it's not too bad, but i was sure looking to try more then 5 or 6 colors....
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Aw I also missed that boat 😔 I should have gotten a pound while I had the chance

Hi all, sorry for the delay and any confusion that is arising. I'll try to explain a bit more here...

The reason the glass was on sale is that we are a new company, and these are new colors no one but our testers have tried yet. We wanted to get it into people's hands to gauge interest. We weren't expecting such an amazing response! Once the colors are back in stock, we will begin selling them at regular price. Going forward we will likely have similar sales on our glass. But I'd expect prices in the range of $60-$100 per pound, depending on the color. We are very small right now and are not able to compete with the larger manufacturers in terms of production quantity. We hope to grow in order to meet demand, but right now we are focusing on making colors that are unique and high quality.

Regarding the sample packs - it seems like that question got answered, but just for further clarity --
    The sample packs were 1 rod of each color. At the time, this included Dabsinthe, Meta-Terrania, Dense Meta-Terrania, Deja Blue, Calypso, White, and an experimental color called Quasar. The dense Meta will most likely not be made again. The Quasar is close to being dialed in, but still isn't quite the color we are aiming for. We are also going back to the drawing board on the White. So our sample packs, and our palette in general, will be a bit nebulous for a while. Just make sure to read the descriptions carefully and take note of what is shown on the web site. If something isn't clear, definitely send us a note and let us know what questions you have.

I know our approach is different, and we apologize if that is frustrating. Hopefully the glass blowing community can be patient as we try to keep up with demand of current colors, and also work through bringing new colors to the palette. A HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped us by trying our colors, advising us on better shipping options, and been patient through web site issues. Give us a bit of time to re-group and re-stock some colors. And be sure to stay tuned on this forum, FB, IG, etc. We have some cool stuff on the way!

can i ask why you're going back to the drawing board with the white? is it safe in deep encasement?

the first thing i plan on doing with your color is take the white, coat in dejablue, then coat that in black violet (ga) stringer and pull thin, for a compression flower.

Quote Originally Posted by neddowerx View Post
    Just tried ordering and absolutly nothing is in stock! Also everything went up to $80 a lb, a couple days ago it was $50-$60 i believe. So then I went to just get a sample pack and what do you know, out of stock. Really wish I could try these colors out as I work in full color 99% of the time and buy tons of color but there's nothing available and wow $80 is A lot to spend on something still being tested and improved. I should have ordered a few days ago before the price went up and sold out! Please let me know what's up, we need new boro color, but also need better more competitive prices. We need affordable good color, we need a company that can make it for $40-$60 a lb and compete with northstar firsts prices. So is there a sample pack you got hidden away for me? That acually has a good price on it. Sorry to complain, but your color was a better deal just days ago, and in stock.
    Neddo, I believe those were intro prices so the community could get some in hand to try out... after paying $50/lb I wish I had bought more, but I will easily pay $80 for these colors after working them. I LOVE the Meta-Terrania and its my new favorite color... nothing else comparable on the market right now! The Deja Blue is an amazing color that is comparable to Blue cheese, which goes for around the same price. The Dabsinthe is like the extinct Paris 6 from GA but a few shades lighter, not sure if I'd pay $80/lb on it but it is very beautiful.

I don't think its realistic to think they could bring down their cost enough to compete with the prices of NS og GA who purchase materials in huge quantities since they are a small start up

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki View Post
    Seems like customer service is good. Which is very important to me. I checked your ig, still the same 3 pictures. If you want my money I wanna hear reviews or pictures.
    I have a full write ups of the 3 colors I tried but was waiting for more stock before I posted so I don't tease the community too much before its available again... I will post once they re-stock some!

Side Note: I'll be buying a QP of each color to auction off @ the TMP Birthday party since my hand pipe didn't bring in much money last year... figured i'd donate something everyone could use, RAW COLOR!
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

was the white one of the colors you tried?

Sorry ISA, it wasn't unfortunately

PS - here's some Meta-Terrania for those curious and without FB, please note there is no filter or any tricks used on these photos. These are using natural light from a window, only modification to photos was cropping.

Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

that meta tera looks great!

thanks for posting those pics Glocc --

as far as the white goes, the one we released was one that we liked, and we worked on it until it was a good, sellable product. However, we have recently made some strides in the area of white boro that made us completely re-think our formula. And since our capacity is so limited right now, we are focusing on the colors that we love. We will definitely be returning to a white, it will just be a little bit.

So many colors to make... so little time!!!

That meta looks super nice.. Almost like a blue or baby blue slyme.

Are you guys batching this all from scratch?

Dom -
    yup, from scratch -- no re-melted colors if that's what you mean.

I do like that color dom . I will keep a eye out for some of that .
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Molten Aura Labs View Post
    Dom -
    yup, from scratch -- no re-melted colors if that's what you mean.

Glad to see this confirmed from the horse's mouth - especially with the somewhat similarity to china colours. (no offence)

Kind of sad in a way to hear about the reformulating of the white though, as I bought some to test and that kind of defeats the purpose but, it seems to work as nice as Star White, which is the best I can get right now as Paramore White is always sold out. So if you can improve on that, I'm definitely intrigued!

I hope you guys get more pots soon or get some serious work done We're hungry for that full palate!

Thanks MAL!

^^ parramore white and borobars bright white = same thing for the most part.

Today is the day. Going to take the white, coat it in dejablue, and coat that in black violet stringer, hopefully for a nice white/blue/purple fade.

I really want to try some of this glass out! When do you think you will have more back in stock?
    ~trapped! in the phantom zone~
    Progression Thread
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31775&highlight=Kato's

@borokato

I want five pounds of that meta terra stuff . I like the look . It's snazzy and out of the whole line it's the only one I saw worked that I immediately wanted it . The dots I saw with it almost looked like a turquoise version of slyme .

Does that meta cloud up when worked or did somthing else cause the look
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!