The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New Colors by Molten Aura Labs - for sale now!

Hybrid View

Default Re: New Colors by Molten Aura Labs - for sale now!

I dip rods with labels like this in acetone for a few seconds.

acetone, alcohol, should be a non issue.
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

a lil off topic but... I use em down to the Color Label then throw it on the Bench. Once I get a pile of them I give them away to some kids down the street that are trying to learn, they are 12-14. They then get to see what the color name is if the like it, use a little and ask their dad to buy them some if they want more!

I always try to give forward whenever possible! I truly believe in helping!
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Dudes do you even blow glass . Those labels are on all sample packs yo

Even mountain glass sales sample packs with sticky labels .

You are acting like every rod is going to have one .

And to the guy with the broken glass it's going to have to be taken up with usps or if molten aura is cool they might have you send that back and get you new stuff.

Either way I like the looks and feel of this color . The calypso has a look that is hard to describe . In person and pictures are way different . It has a sheen to it also if you look down the rod surface in natural light . The quasar looks like a satin color.

Soon as I saw it I thought I wonder if Hershal the guy behind the satins is behind the molten aura labs Somewhere.

I know he sold the draconis formulas to Abe and stands by not producing another's property .

Although he metioned making new colors that are chatoyant.

I would say quasar looks chatoyant . But I have not worked it so who has .does the look hold up under the flame?
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

The Chatoyant look does not hold up after melted, but that's exactly what I thought at first glance too.. kinda satiny looking!

I believe Hershal(Draconis) was looking to start a Glass commun in Denver area to pull his new colors. Molten Aura is two brothers in mountains of NC
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$$$$$ View Post
    This thread is sweet, keep it going. Keep describing the piece without pics and we'll try to picture it and ask cool questions, such as where's the pics or post pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by DickFarm Glass View Post
    I'm no longer learning to blow glass...Back to the shop with my bad ass self, this Lambo isn't going to buy itself

Quote Originally Posted by oG Glocc Coma View Post
    The Chatoyant look does not hold up after melted, but that's exactly what I thought at first glance too.. kinda satiny looking!

I believe Hershal(Draconis) was looking to start a Glass commun in Denver area to pull his new colors. Molten Aura is two brothers in mountains of NC
    I love satins. These guys should try it. The "satin" component is tin oxide. Which is why it's a bitch to batch. As it vaporizes near 2550-2600. I know greasy glass has pots that can get up to 3k. But I've gotten satin slyme seconds that look like old draconis. Because you have to pull it at lower temps.

cant wait for the sample pack to be available for purchase!

Glad I got those sample packs on the way! When I ordered I was looking for meta t. but our glass page loaded blank when I ordered. Now I see things have slowed way down, only one pound of meta was sold since I looked 2 days ago, maybe that $80 price tag is something you'll re think and I can get 5 lbs at $50 each there's many mom and pop color companies out now that offer a wide variety of proven colors at $30-$50 a lb and will not go up in price because its new or sought after. I'm totally down to help everyone who makes new color, and always have. I just believe in fair market on supplies all of us glass workers enjoy putting in our works, and ill always support the ones who can supply us with deals we can afford. Yes you'll always sell your color if its new, but some of us who are not already famous need a way to keep up on keeping on aswel. I'll have more to say on this subject once I receive and use this color but for now and likely ever ill be buying from companies that offer the best deal for quality colors. If I made my own hand mixed uv reactive color, then I could maybe see asking $80, but I'm only one guy with two hands. I know your probably sick of hearing this from me, but I'm not sorry for my opinions. They are well earned over the 18 years I've melted boro, maybe you'll take my advice, but I'm not expecting you will. I've mixed my own colors for years to get what I'm looking for, its just nice when we all can try new colors without paying top dollar for something your not even finalized through development. That being said ill stop bugging you for better prices and only post about how this color works for me from this point on, unless I'm asked to reply to you in the future about this subject. Please believe me, I don't ever reply to stir up shit and have never been known to do such, this is just an important subject for me. I use full color in all of my pieces and buy a lot of color constantly, but in doing so I have to keep buying from those who underdtand what I'm going on about. Ok, done lol, glad I was able to scoop up some color for a reasonable price

Just read back on my last post and am sorry if I sound like an Asshole or whatever, I could have done so in a different mannor. I'm glad to see more boro color companies coming out, what I should have said is its a competitive market and others are out there doing what they can to leave their mark. So if your color is worth the high end price tag and you are selling it then more power to you! I for one will just hope I can catch a sale here and there, one love!

I've never seen tag seconds for sale, not that I would want seconds as firsts already have their inherent issues, I just only see northstar with seconds. Back to molten aura, got my sample packs on the way(Xmas present from my wife) and was also contacted and now have more Mata T on the way so I can make a full size alien sculpted rig all in meta! Will post pics when finished

Quote Originally Posted by neddowerx View Post
    I've never seen tag seconds for sale, not that I would want seconds as firsts already have their inherent issues, I just only see northstar with seconds. Back to molten aura, got my sample packs on the way(Xmas present from my wife) and was also contacted and now have more Mata T on the way so I can make a full size alien sculpted rig all in meta! Will post pics when finished
    I call TAG direct for orders. I get seconds for prodo. I get firsts for serious projects and such. $100 minimum but you might want to call them up. They have odd lots and the like that come up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1449173160436.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	79950

I got to spin up some Calypso earlier this week and made this. Super stable and worked like butter. Looking forward to playing with more when I can
    ~trapped! in the phantom zone~
    Progression Thread
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31775&highlight=Kato's

@borokato

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1924.jpg 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	79952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1903.jpg 
Size:	290.6 KB 
ID:	79953 I wanna make another guy like this( throwback) or maybe some more like Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0045.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	79954Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0043.jpg 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	79955 (my latest creature eye pendant made for Kate Burners from Bethlehem. Even more so I'm wanting to make one of my signature aliens Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG9076.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	79956

Cool thanks Joseph! I'll definately try that And Kato, I see you have no reds in there, and nice blues! Good job!

I've been trying to make a rig with the meta-terrania for the past few days and been struggling hard. I've been sleeving it under clear and it's been super shocky. I've noticed it's pretty shocky when coiling it too. Its made me wonder if its not coe 33, because its been acting similar to slyme and pink slyme, both of which are coe 38.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron Glass View Post
    Its made me wonder if its not coe 33, because its been acting similar to slyme and pink slyme, both of which are coe 38.
    Where did you get that number? Neither of the slymes are that high. If they were, everything that touches them would explode. They wander a point or so away from 33, but never to 38.

Aymie

Quote Originally Posted by Aymie View Post
    Where did you get that number? Neither of the slymes are that high. If they were, everything that touches them would explode. They wander a point or so away from 33, but never to 38.
    Someone told me it out at DFO. It made sense to me because recently TAG has been emphasizing that their new colors are exactly COE 33. I suppose you're correct, as I don't really have any reference to the differences in COE, but the point I was getting at still remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron Glass View Post
    I've been trying to make a rig with the meta-terrania for the past few days and been struggling hard. I've been sleeving it under clear and it's been super shocky. I've noticed it's pretty shocky when coiling it too. Its made me wonder if its not coe 33, because its been acting similar to slyme and pink slyme, both of which are coe 38.
    I use slyme ISO and coil pot the slymes regularly, and they work fuckin awesome. not checking cracking or workability issues for me on the slyme
    May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water

Formerly known as Skuzz

neddo...what color did you use for the body & head of that demon with the fork & knife? it's friggin gorgeous (as is your work)!!
    You shouldn't be having sex for pleasure, only for reproduction.
    Thousands of people read my threads now. So I’m trying to not embarrass myself.

Ya really nice demon bro.